RFP: Youthbank Call for Partnership
Youthbank began in the UK and Ireland in the late 1900s and has quickly expanded to include 216 operating Youthbank sites in 23 different countries with over 2,500 young people engaged in leadership roles as grantmakers. In 2015, Youthprise partnered with Youthbank International to bring the first Youthbank site to the United States. Youthprise functions as the central hub for evaluation, program administration, and management in support of the individual Youthbank sites. The program has proven to be highly effective statewide in Minnesota. We are now seeking partners to replicate the model in more communities.
Consider these concepts to see if a Youthbank grant is a fit for your organization:
- Does your organization support young people to actively play a role in creating change?
- Believe in the power of shared decision making?
- Interested in ongoing training and technical assistance?
- Want to be part of a statewide network that can build a culture of youth philanthropy Minnesota?
- $107,000 available for funding in 2019; We expect to award 7 partnership grants in the amount of $15,000
- The grant period is 18 months from January 1, 2020, through June 30, 2021
- 20% of the funding can be used for program support; 80% must be regranted by young people to young people to address community needs
- Eligible applicants are nonprofit youth-serving organizations that are organized and operated for charitable purposes and recognized by the IRS as tax-exempt public charities under Sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Access to a community of youth practitioners involved in expanding innovations in youth engagement across Minnesota
- On-going professional development for youth workers on youth leadership development, radical collaboration with young people in communities, youth-led community change, and development
- Tools and guidance materials to support the development, implementation, evaluation of Youthbank
- On-going one-on-one collaboration with the University of Minnesota Youth Studies and Youth Development Leadership Programs
- Training for young people on youth philanthropy which includes workshops on participatory community research, group decision-making, team building, creative response to community needs, youth leadership development.
- Travel opportunities for youth participants and youth workers to visit sites across the state and learn from peers and other program models.
- Request for Proposal opens September 16th
- Grant information webinars conducted Wednesday, Oct 2nd and Tuesday, October 22nd
- Request for Proposal closes November 4th
- Proposals reviewed November 5th – 15th
- Funding decisions made December 17th
- Organization funding notifications communicated by December 20th
- Public award notification communicated by January 10th
- Youthbank celebration of partnerships & Grant Kick-Off Event January 14th from 12 pm – 3 pm
For more information and questions please contact Maurice Nins at firstname.lastname@example.org.