Youth Entrepreneurs Grant – Multiple awards of up to $3,000 each
Youthprise Youth Entrepreneur Grants are a small fund that is available to young people with a current business or a budding entrepreneurial idea. Funding is open to young people under the age of 25 who are based in Minneapolis and currently have or would like to have a business, including a social enterprise, that is based in Minneapolis or that serves Minneapolis residents. One grant will be awarded for up to $3,000. Individuals and teams can apply; however, funds cannot exceed the $3,000 amount per application. Grant funds can be used toward anything that would support youth to advance their business, entrepreneurial work, and/or growth professionally. For example, expenses covered could include: supplies, tech, business planning and research, vendors, mentorship, professional development, training, space, etc. Grantees will have six months to use funds and report back to Youthprise on how grant was used, with the possibility of getting an extension as needed. We ask grantees to consider serving in a formal or informal advisory role with Youthprise over the span of a year related to the area of youth entrepreneurship, wealth building and addressing economic disparities. Youthprise would like to continue building relationships with grantees, and there will be more opportunities for grantee involvement including travel opportunities, future additional funding, and more.
June 28th, 2022. Applications due 11:59 pm CST
Who is eligible:
- Youth under the age of 25
- Youth with current existing businesses, social enterprises, who would like to start a business, and or develop an entrepreneurial idea
- Youth based in Minneapolis, have an existing or are starting a new business based in Minneapolis, and or whose business serves or would serve Minneapolis.
- Businesses can include social enterprises, and range in different business categories including arts, as long as it is a for-profit earned revenue entity.
The process is easy:
- Apply here
- Create New Account
- Provide a basic project budget
- Either record a 3-5 minute video about your project or complete the short application form (four questions)
Not quite ready to apply? We’re planning to open another round of funding later this year. Stay tuned!
What can funds be used for:
- Applicants can request up to $3,000 to cover any expenses that help to advance their business enterprise—this can include anything that supports the applicant’s growth professionally, supplies, business planning, training, tech, space, time, etc.
Timeline and Commitment:
- Application is open until June 28th, 2022 and the grant will be awarded by June 30th, 2022
- Grant must be used within the first six months of receiving the funds, with the possibility for extension upon request.
- Grantees will be invited to continue their participation and engagement with Youthprise in various ways, such as serving in a formal or informal advisory role when it comes to topics such as economic disparities facing youth, youth entrepreneurship, and wealth-building
- Grantees will be invited to pursue other opportunities with Youthprise including opportunities for travel, presentations, new grant opportunities and so on.
Questions or Issues:
- If you have any questions please contact Youthprise's Director of Strategic Initiatives: Fayise Abrahim at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any technical issues please contact: email@example.com