Job Posting: Staff Accountant
Youthprise is a philanthropic organization that works to increase equity with and for Minnesota’s Indigenous, low-income, and racially diverse youth. Youthprise does this by directly supporting youth and youth-serving organizations through mobilizing and investing resources, advancing knowledge, and advocating for change. Youthprise’s three priority areas are: learning and leadership, economic opportunity, and health and safety.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for entering the vast majority of financial transactions into the accounting system. The individual must have a solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and internal controls. The Staff Accountant must be able to manage several projects simultaneously and adhere to deadlines.
Following are examples of some specific duties:
- Enters vendor invoices and other bills on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for preparing all balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Ensures all credit card transactions are properly coded and approved.
- Enters credit card transactions on a weekly basis including scanning and attaching receipts.
- Ensures payroll postings are entered in a timely fashion into the general ledger system.
- Processes and maintains W9s and annual 1099 tax reporting.
- Conducts vendor searches on System for Award Management (sam.gov).
- Enters contributions, earned revenue, and receivables in Salesforce and Intacct weekly.
- Coordinates with Advancement Team to ensure that all contributions are coded correctly.
- Records deposits accurately and timely.
Schedule: Part-time, 20 hours/week, regular employee
Compensation: This is a non-exempt role with a pay range of $18-$20/hour, depending on qualifications.
Education, Experience & Skills: Associate’s Degree in Accounting or higher. Comprehensive understanding of accounting transactions and internal controls is essential. Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy. Quick learner. Proactive, self-starter. Interested in improving processes and creating efficiencies. Honesty, integrity, and discretion related to sensitive information. Proficient skills related to Microsoft applications, especially Excel. Experience with Intacct software preferred. Ability to relate to and work with youth from diverse social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds effectively and in an engaging and positive manner.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 612-692-5504
Closing Date: February 29, 2020
Youthprise is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.