Saint Paul Public Schools Summer Enrichment Programing Grant – Request for Proposals
Youthprise and St. Paul Public Schools have partnered to provide funding for youth serving organizations to provide summer enrichment activities to St. Paul Public School students. Our intent is to provide high-quality services to St. Paul Public School students that will increase the likelihood of their academic success, provide safe and supportive summer environments, provide caring adults, and provide fun and enriching activities and events.
Funding is focused on sixth through twelfth graders with an emphasis on marginalized communities and students in need of academic support. Projects must focus on one or more of the following services:
- Mentoring Services
- Tutoring Services
- General Enrichment Services
- Summer Field Trips for Hands-on Learning Opportunities
Successful applicants will have experience working with St. Paul Public School students and providing high quality mentoring, tutoring, enrichment, and hands-on learning programming. In addition, projects that provide meals and transportation for students will be better positioned for funding. Projects are short term and will begin in July 2021 and conclude in September 2021. Because of the need to expediate the release of funding, there will be three rounds of review with rolling deadlines for application submission beginning with July 19, 2021. Award notifications will be one week from each rolling deadline.
Applicants must have general liability insurance and background checks for all staff and volunteers who interact with St. Paul Public School Students. Grant funds will be paid on a reimbursement basis monthly and monthly progress reports must be submitted before monthly reimbursements are electronically deposited.
Interested applicants must submit a proposal to Youthprise through our grant portal. Below are the three rolling deadlines, applications are due by 11:59 pm:
- July 19, 2021
- July 26, 2021
- August 2, 2021
- Eligible organizations are 501(c)(3) youth-focused organizations, multi-service organizations with dedicated youth departments, and non 501(c)(3) organizations with fiscal agents. Furthermore, projects must be focused on serving a segment of St. Paul Public School Students from the sixth through twelfth grade population.
- $157,000 in funding is available.
- Grants will be awarded up to a maximum of $20,000.
- Projects are short term from July 2021 to September 2021, however, onetime extensions may be given not to exceed 90 days.
Applications will be reviewed by Youthprise and St. Paul Public School staff. Applications received after the first and second round deadlines will automatically be moved to the subsequent application review process. Denied applicants can reapply to subsequent rounds provided they revise their application.
For more information, contact Maurice Nins at email@example.com