Leadership Opportunity for Youth: Apply for the Minnesota Youth Council!
The Minnesota Youth Council is looking for youth-adult pairs from across the state of Minnesota to join us in expanding youth voice and being a part of decision-making processes at the state and local level. The MYC uses a youth-adult partnership model, where youth and adults actively collaborate to lead the initiatives of the Council together. Each youth applicant should apply with an adult partner – a youth worker, AmeriCorps Promise Fellow, teacher, family friend, etc.
- Be a youth and adult pair
- Live in Minnesota
- Youth must be entering 8th-12th grade
- 4 hour per month time commitment (please note this does not include monthly meetings, retreats, or special events)
- Must be able to travel to Twin Cities approx 5 times per year
- Must be excited about expanding youth voice in Minnesota
- Must be passionate about issues that affect youth
Benefits for Members:
- Opportunity to receive training on the legislative process, community organizing, outreach and social media, leadership, community asset mapping and youth-adult partnerships, and philanthropy
- Engage in dialogue with policymakers, elected officials and other community leaders
- Opportunities to organize, lead and engage in events promoting youth voice
- Develop communication, leadership and research skills that may be reflected in future scholarship, college and job opportunities
- Be provided with the tools needed to bring about change in your community and the state
- Have a chance to network and connect with other youth from across the state
How To Apply
- Follow the link here to fill out the online application
- Youth and adult pairs should apply together
- We will contact you for an interview
- Applications are due May 10th by 6pm, and interviews will take place the weeks of May 13th and 20th!
For more information contact Ashley Barnes at email@example.com