Job Posting: Minnesota Afterschool Advance (MAA) Manager
Youthprise is a resource for youth-serving organizations and systems throughout Minnesota. Youthprise’s mission is to reduce disparities with and for Minnesota youth by mobilizing and investing resources, investing knowledge, and advocating for change. Our three priority areas are learning and leadership, economic opportunity, and health and safety.
To apply, send resumes and cover letters to: https://mra.applytojob.com/apply/5FQOcaEIX6/MMA-Manager
The Minnesota Afterschool Advance (MAA) manager, working under the MAA Director, will be responsible for the following:
• Overseeing the program’s day-to-day operations.
• Supervising the program’s support to applicants and being the service providers' primary point of contact.
• Coordinating the program application and ordering/registration process, recruiting service providers, and supporting them throughout their relationship with MAA. As a result, this position requires a high customer service orientation.
• Working with external stakeholders, the manager will be responsible for many complex internal processes.
• Processing activity registrations and Chromebook orders, requesting and tracking loans made to families, and recording data in our Salesforce database. These responsibilities require exceptionally high attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple processes.
• The manager will oversee the program's tax filing component by preparing the program’s filings with the Department of Revenue. They will also continue to build on our tax preparation partnership and build out additional resources for the program’s families.
• Supervise the MAA Community Navigators in reviewing applications, communicating critical information to families, and supporting families throughout the program cycle.
In addition, the manager will collaborate with the MAA Director and Youthprise Communications Team to market MAA and devise and execute program growth strategies. Minnesota Afterschool Advance serves a diverse population of families, so a high degree of cultural competence is required.
Schedule: Full-time, regular employee
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a non-exempt position with a pay rate of $55,000-$60,000; depending on qualifications.
Youthprise offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Youthprise pays 100% of the premiums for employee high deductible health plans; family dental coverage; employee life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance. Other benefits include vision and voluntary life insurance, health and retirement savings accounts, and paid time off.
Education, Experience & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in education/youth development, management, sales, marketing, community organizing, or related field, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• At least one year of work experience in a customer service role that requires excellent attention to detail.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to appropriately interact and build relationships with service providers and other program stakeholders
• Ability to lead complex processes and project management across sectors
• Highly competent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office products and experience with CRM databases, especially Salesforce, preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines, with interruptions, simultaneously and accurately.
• Experience working in youth development and out-of-school time is preferred but not required.
• Minnesota Afterschool Advance serves a diverse population of families, so a high degree of cultural competence is required.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Extremely great attention to detail and strong work ethic
• Superior customer service skills
We have an immediate need to fill the vacancy
Interviewing will take place during the posting process
The position posting will remain active until the position is filled
Youthprise is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer