Job Posting: Director of Content and Marketing
Youthprise is a philanthropic organization that works to increase equity with and for Minnesota’s Indigenous, low-income, and racially diverse youth. Youthprise does this by directly supporting youth and youth-serving organizations through mobilizing and investing resources, advancing knowledge, and advocating for change. Youthprise’s three priority areas are Learning and Leadership, Economic Opportunity, and Health and Safety.
Job Title: Content and Marketing, Director
Location: Main Office/Remotely Until further Notice
Supervisor: Advancement and Communications Officer
The Director of Content and Marketing reports to the Advancement and Communications Officer and partners with the Communications team and other staff to ensure that Youthprise’s strategy and digital content, social media, and website are consistent and user-centered while prioritizing Minnesota’s diverse youth, youth/adult partnership, and equity.
This role serves as our lead for content development via accessible storytelling and narratives, striking digital and print content through the following activities:
- Utilizing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blog/newsletter platforms, as well as our network of artists, creators, community members, and thought leaders to execute innovative communications.
- Coordinating and collaborating on outgoing Youthprise content, digital publications, the annual report, and reports.
- Leading website development, design, updates, and reporting on metrics. This includes developing an over-all website strategy.
- Developing, maintaining, and reporting on analytics related to digital media and communications activities.
Integrity, Execution, and Equity are Essential for this Role
- This is a job for a “doer” with strong execution themed strengths.
- This position is part of the Communications and Advancement team, which works very closely and collaboratively together.
- Key to this role is taking initiative and being self-driven. Youthprise is enterprising and entrepreneurial so being flexible, willing to work across disciplines, and bringing a commitment to inclusive and equitable outcomes is essential.
Essential Job Functions:
Social Media (40%):
- Develop and amplify compelling, creative social media campaigns and content that accomplishes Youthprise’s mission and strategic framework of advancing equity with and for Minnesota’s Indigenous, low-income, and racially diverse youth.
- Identify opportunities for new digital campaigns and rapid response to drive fundraising, volunteer/policy action, and list-building through social media and website.
- Maintain a weekly posting schedule for all social media platforms, including monitoring trends and breaking news.
- Develop and maintain a regular system for reporting out performance across platforms, evaluating their efficacy, and providing creative recommendations on how to improve using analytics and systems like Sprout and Hootsuite.
- Research like-minded organizations and individual influencers to connect with across social platforms, at the cultural, regional, state, and national levels.
Digital Content Development & Curation (40%):
- Develop and assess website structure and strategy including mapping opportunities for improvements and developing a plan for executing website improvements and updates on a weekly and annual basis.
- Develop web content as a thought partner with team members and Advancement and Communications Officer.
- Monitor current youth in the community, alumni, and volunteers for items to repost, highlight, or develop into further content.
- Work with staff, guest authors, and volunteers to solicit and write content for blog and
- Copy edit and fact-check content for web, social media, and other external communications.
Analysis & Reporting (15%):
- Conduct analysis and maintain site metrics and campaign, reporting monthly and annually.
- Oversee and track analytics across channels, developing reporting metrics and maintaining dashboards to provide insights and actionable recommendations to evolve strategy, drive results, and report to agency leadership.
- Analyze and interpret data from Google Analytics and other Analytics solutions
Press and Marketing (5%):
- Work with Advancement and Communications Officer to support press and media inquiries and activities.
Minimum Education and Experience
- B. A. degree in Communications or related field and 4 years of experience or Minimum of 8 years of experience in similar role.
- Strong strategic and social equity lens.
- Brilliant content development and editing skills.
- High level of working knowledge of digital technologies including strong knowledge of WordPress, web design basic systems and functions, ability to create web content using Twitter bootstrap 3+ framework.
- Accomplished in marketing and all social media platforms.
- Skilled with digital analytic tools and reporting.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Great interpersonal and inter-cultural communication skills and commitment.
- Desire to communicate with and support all staff members, grantees, and partners.
- Conscientious and attentive to details. Seeks support from others when needed.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines, with interruptions, simultaneously and accurately.
- Strong understanding of the latest web and mobile technologies/capabilities
- Able to complete web management tasks such as updating website pages, creating new pages, creating custom pages, publishing new blogs.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and to complete tasks within required timeframes and on deadline.
- Adobe Creative Suite and graphic design knowledge.
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Ability to work occasional evenings or weekends, if necessary.
- Ability to perform sedentary work as required.
Compensation: Range $70K-$80K includes generous benefits, vacation, and retirement.
Currently, this position is remote during the COVID-19 pandemic. Laptop, cell service, internet, and stipend for homework station needs are provided. Under non-pandemic circumstances, Youthprise’s offices are in an office building setting with fitness and conference spaces.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Closing Date: Open until filled with priority consideration for those who apply before 8am on August 11th, 2020.
Youthprise is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.