Become an Art Fellow at Youthprise!
By adding artistic expression to organizational practices and the internal structure of Youthprise, we will also be supporting the establishment of the young artists involved as well as advancing the creativity in our youth engagement and in the work we do with young people of color.
The purpose of this position is to collaborate with Youthprise to re-design the Design Thinking process and co-coordinate the development of a Design Thinking toolkit, all through an artistic lens.
- Design and pursue a Professional Development Plan, including a skill building outline, strengths assessment, and resource and relationship mapping.
- Actively participate in the Design Thinking process facilitated by Youth Engagement Manager and Design Fellow
- Co-Facilitate the design of a Design Thinking Toolkit, including the compilation and publishing of a wide array of facilitation techniques and resources.
- Research and develop alternative youth-led facilitation activities with testing and revising to curricular components as needed.
- Represent Youthprise at trainings, workshops, public events, meetings, etc. to talk about the initiatives, etc.
- Stipend amount of $3,050.00
- Professional development fund used for skill building and technical assistance
- Strong passion for the visual and creative arts and community awareness
- Minimum 1 year of experience and/or education in Youth Engagement.
- Knowledge and consciousness of the disparities of the community.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Effective facilitation and training experience.
- Strong presentation skills: able to promote initiatives and its capabilities in various settings as well as facilitate group and one-on-one professional development sessions.
- Team-oriented: values group processes, comfortable with group problem solving; will communicate essential information to staff in timely manner.
- Demonstrated passion for issues surrounding youth and youth access to opportunity and success.
- Demonstrated ability to be at ease with individuals representing a broad spectrum of beliefs, backgrounds and ideologies to work in crafting solutions.
- Ability to operate in a learning-based environment.
- Ability to work as a team, in a multi-generational environment.
- Ability to relate to and work with youth from diverse social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds effectively and in an engaging and positive manner.
Click here to apply!