Apply to Become a Member of the Youthprise Board!
The Board of Directors of Youthprise will be selecting 3 new youth board directors!
Applications will be accepted between Monday, February 6 and Monday, February 20 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
Interviews will take place on February 23 and February 24.
New board member orientation will be on March 11, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Youthprise is a nonprofit intermediary founded in 2010 by the McKnight Foundation. As an intermediary, Youthprise receives funding and donations from larger organizations and individual funders to then act as a resource to smaller, partnering organizations through grants, leveraging opportunities, and programming.
The mission of Youthprise is to champion learning beyond the classroom so that all Minnesota youth thrive. Grounded in a commitment to address racial disparities that impact Minnesota youth, Youthprise works to increase young people’s opportunities for learning and social emotional development, economic prosperity, and health and safety.
You as a Board Director
At Youthprise, youth ages 16 – 25 are integrated into every part of our work. We have youth on staff operating in leadership roles, in our programming as grant makers, and on our Board of Directors as key decision makers. Board directors provide active leadership and governance to Youthprise. As a youth board director, you advocate for and stay true to the Youthprise mission and serve as an ambassador for the organization.
Why Join the Youthprise Board?
Joining the Youthprise Board of Directors not only looks good on your resume and college applications, it also provides a unique professional development opportunity to gain leadership skills and experience. As a board director, you learn governance processes and inform key decisions that impact the organization and the young people we serve. You will also have the opportunity to work and network with professionals in various fields.
What is the Time Commitment?
- As a youth Board member, you will commit to a one to three year term.
- Board meetings are quarterly (four times a year) on the second Tuesday of the month from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Board members are required to join a committee within the Board of Directors that meets occasionally (quarterly or once a month depending on the committee) for one to two hours at a time.
- Annual board retreat once a year for a full eight-hour day.
- Board members are encouraged to attend occasional Youthprise events and check-in meetings.
HOW TO APPLY:
You do not need prior board experience to apply for this position.
Fill out the form below to provide us with some basic information about you.
1 ) Create a 3-5 minute video application, include answers to the following questions:
- Describe who you are, include your name, age, school, grade level, and the community in which you live
- Explain why you want to be on the Youthprise Board of Directors and what qualities you will bring as a board director.
- Describe an issue that impacts the success of youth in your community. What solution would you suggest to address this issue?
2) Use photos to create a slideshow, use video from a camera phone or webcam video, or produce it like a professional! We are not judging the quality of your video, just the content!
3) Upload the video to a video sharing site (youtube, vimeo, etc…) and share the link below. The video does not have to be public. Please share the password with us if you make it private.
Requirements and Restrictions:
* You must be a youth age 16-25 to apply
* Include original content in your application. Do not submit a video that has been submitted elsewhere.
* Video must NOT be longer than 5 minutes.
* Avoid profane language, violence, sex or personal attacks on people or organizations.
* Avoid violating copyright laws or using brand names or logos other than those you have been granted permission to use in your video. You agree to indemnify Youthprise for any claim, demand, judgment, or other allegation arising from your possible violation of someone’s trademark, copyright, or other legally protected interest in any way in your video.
Review Process: The deadline for applications is on February 20, 2016 by 11:59 p.m. CST. Youthprise staff and a panel of current board members will review all applications. Interviews will take place on February 23 and February 24. New board member orientation will be on March 11, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
If you have any questions, please contact Neese Parker at email@example.com