Melissa has an established background in customer service, leadership, new hire, and ongoing training and employee coaching. At Youthprise, Melissa provides full administrative support to the president and board of directors. Outside of work, her children keep her fairly busy and that is fine by her. However, when she makes time for herself she enjoys seeing live music, cooking, and being in the sun.
Who/what inspires you and your work?
The opportunity to help create a MN that young people deserve. It's been time.
Favorite quote/saying ...?
"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style." - Maya Angelou
Describe your perfect day!
Perfect? What's that? The day that always feels perfect is decorating cookies at my Dad's, with my kids and loved ones.
What are three words your colleagues might use to describe you?
Funny, fashionable and caring.
What is the most rewarding part of your job?
Seeing real work being done that is impactful to young people.
- What is your favorite color and why? Blue. It's shades can convey happiness, sadness, excitement, royalty, warmth, cold. It does everything.
- If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Fruit!
- Early bird or night owl? Night owl.
- Dogs, cats or other? Cats.
- Recommended read or watch: Lovecraft Country. Read it and watch it!
To learn more about our other team members, CLICK HERE!
Youthprise is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.